The Christian Archaeological Society and the Byzantine and Christian Museum, Athens
There are close ties between the Christian Archaeological Society (XAE) and the Byzantine and Christian Museum, Athens. The objects in the original CHAE collection, which according to the 1908 inventory numbered some 10,000, were incorporated in the Byzantine Museum collection in 1923.
The museum also houses the valuable collection of photographs of Christian monuments, which were taken on tours made in Greece and abroad by the founder of the CHAE, Georgios Lampakis.
The Byzantine Museum, seat of the CHAE since 1930, has also hosted many of the Society's activities during its long history. Last, the CHAE library was deposited in the museum library, which is the ultimate recipient of books donated to the Society as well as of books and periodicals given in exchange for CHAE publications.